Launching tentatively in January 2018.
ifbmt stands for Independent Fundamental Baptist Missionary Trails. This project was envisioned by my friends while on deputation throughout the states.
To help like faith missionaries with an easy and centralized way to manage their deputation trail. This is based on the Biblical principle of stewardship which can be found in John 16:1-13. Jesus commended the unjust steward because he had done wisely. Keeping accurate records that can be passed down to our children’s children (Pro. 13:22) will honour the Lord. Being faithful is more than just being at the right place at the right time. Faithfulness is also having the knowledge and using that knowledge is wisdom. Decisions of missionaries should be based upon the guidance of the Holy Spirit and the facts that God has given us. The first fact is the King James Bible. God has already told us how to build our ministries and how to have the right kind of relationship with Him. Management decisions should be based upon knowledge. We are told in Psalms 78 that we should know the history of great things God has done, so that we will not forget about the works of God and keep his commandments. In Proverbs 15:28 we are told that the heart of the righteous studieth to answer and then in Colossians 4:6 we are told that our speech should always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that we may know how to answer every man. By using this application, missionaries will have knowledge with which to make accurate decisions, accurate records to testify to the glory of God, and wisdom to give quick and honest answers to every man.
- Instant access to contact and location information for over 10,000 churches across the world provided by KJVchurches.com
- See you deputation trail calendar of upcoming meetings displayed geographically on a map with dates displayed
- Email and call churches and pastors directly from the app
- Save response and add notes for follow-up as either private notes or public notes to share with all other users
- Track support level needed, projected, promised, and received
- Add personal contacts that can be saved privately and shared with others globally or individually
VISION OF USE
- Case 1: You are a new missionary that is just starting deputation and are fumbling around with the phone, calendar, notebook, and map all at the same time trying to best use the little time that you actually are able to reach a pastor and schedule a meeting. The pastor on the other end of the phone suggests a date and you are frantically checking your calendar and the map for where you will be directly before and after the meeting to not book yourself in an impossible situation. DROP THE MADNESS! Enter ifbmt! With ifbmt you already have your church loaded that you are on the phone with, you click the link for schedule a meeting and you are presented with your calendar schedule in a monthly, weekly, or agenda view. You then pick a date and are presented with a map view of the surrounding meetings with a prompt to go back or continue. Upon continuing you are presented with a form to quickly enter any notes with a start date and time and an end date and time. The church and contact information is attached already to the meeting. Upon saving the meeting an email is sent to you confirming the meeting and also an email is sent to the pastor (if an email address is on file) confirming the meeting schedule.
- Case 2: A pastor just called and canceled a meeting. One of the missionaries worst dreaded calls. Many thoughts are pouring through your head with maybe even some discouragement and depression. With ifbmt, you can use the knowledge base to search for churches in the geographical location for your surrounding meetings and start calling and sending out emails immediately to fill the empty dates.
- Case 3: You receive a call back from a pastor whose name you barely remember, you have called literally hundreds in the past two weeks… Instead of frantically searching for notes for who the pastor is and what church he is from you look up the phone number, pastors name, city, or church name and quickly find the contact information and all of your personal notes for the pastor. he informs you of a missions conference or camp meeting and offers you an invitation. You follow the procedure before and set the appointment. After booking the meeting, and are back at the church information screen you quickly add a public note with high priority about the upcoming conference, you set the public flag and add an expiration date. Now all other users on the app can see the alert and try to book at the conference as well.
- Case 4: You call a pastor and are given the run-around which could involve many different things from not supporting your for having too many children or because you did not graduate from a certain college. You add a low priority note with the broad information, (not a gossip session) and mark the public flag. Now any users who are about to call the pastor will receive some insight that you gleaned to help make themselves better presentable or maybe not even waste their time.
In order to help develop, maintain and support there will be a sign-up process with a slider for you to name-your-price varying from FREE to $100 and a selection box for one-time, monthly, or yearly. You are then given full access to the application with all functionality.
Thirty days after registration upon log-in and via email you will receive the option to invest your talents and again be presented with the name-your-price plan. You will have the option to remain as a FREE user or start giving back to help maintain the project and support other fundamental Baptist missionaries in the process. This project is to be a help and blessing to those who may need it most, but might not be able to afford it, And also for some who can afford it, to be able to give back to what they think the project is worth.
Compare this application with Salesforce Lightning Enterprise edition which would cost you $150/mo. billed annually.
If this project takes off and really starts to become overwhelming, there may be a need to change this pricing plan at a later date, but all users up to that point will have the option to be grandfathered in at the price plan of their choosing, even if that means free.
SUPPORT AND DEVELOPMENT
This project is being developed by Bible believing Fundamental Baptist Church members with current full-time jobs and who are also actively involved in the weekly ministries of their local church. Please be respectful and helpful with input. Development and support will be given as soon as possible.
NOW ON GitHub!
Please join the collaboration on GitHub for ifbmt at github.com/amaster507/ifbmt. Everyone is welcome to give their input on this project. We are currently in a great need of seasoned and veteran missionaries to add their inputs and priceless advice on what they have found that works and what doesn’t. You do not have to have any progamming or web development experience or knowledge to join in the discussions. Thank you in advance!